BOOK IAN TO SPEAK
WHAT AUDIENCES & ORGANIZERS SAY...
“As an attendee at a conference I'm looking for inspiring ideas along with practical information, and I got both from Ian's session. One of the things I appreciated most from his 'The Unorthodox Guide to Content Marketing' presentation was that he shared the 10,000 ft view of content marketing, which provided helpful context, while also bringing it up close for the 10 ft view, which provided helpful and actionable takeaways. Plus, I just genuinely enjoyed him as a speaker because he was clear communicator and engaging in presenting his ideas. (I actually enjoyed his first session so much that when I saw he was speaking on another topic I attended that one too.)”
—Kaitlyn Yopp, HOW Marketing Live attendee
“I thoroughly enjoyed Ian Greenleigh's presentation 'The Unorthodox Guide to Content Marketing' at the 2018 HOW Design Live conference in Boston. Ian's a natural storyteller who puts his audience at ease. 'It's ok to trust your intuition, and it's not as 'expensive' to take risks as it used to be!' was just what I needed to hear. His examples helped me realize that playing things safe or following someone else's playbook isn't in the best interest of my organization. As a small in-house team, we can try things that are innovative without breaking our budget; we can test ideas that make an impact right now.”
—Amy Turner Senftleben, HOW Marketing Live attendee
"You really made people stop and think about how useless it can often be to keep banging on the same front doors that everybody else is banging on. Thanks for the hard work and time you put into it, Ian, and for helping to make the day such a success for the attendees.”
—Steve Goldstein, Editorial Director, Events, PR News
"The webinar was a great success with a whopping 2627 total registrants and live attendance at 762 viewers. The number of questions and chatter surrounding the webinar is testament to the value the attendees found in your presentation and topic."
—Brindisi Chan, Marketing Manager, Vocus
ABOUT IAN GREENLEIGH
I'm the Director of Marketing at data.world and the author of The Social Media Side Door (McGraw-Hill). Previous roles include Digital Strategist at The Economist, Director of Marketing at Olapic and Senior Manager of Content and Social Strategy at Bazaarvoice.
I speak on a wide range of topics, including data literacy, content marketing, social media side doors, changing consumer-brand relationships, the convergence of personal identities, and the radically shifting landscapes of access and influence.
My compelling storytelling style seamlessly weaves together fresh data, expertly-crafted narrative, contrarian thinking, actionable guidance and memorable anecdotes from a wealth of experience. Clichés and buzzwords are my mortal enemies. And I promise not to mention the Oreo Super Bowl tweet.
- Workshop leader: "Practices for Better Data Teamwork," BP3 DRIVEN, August 9th, 2018, Austin, TX
- Workshop leader: "Practices for Better Data Teamwork," Austin Design Sprint, June 19, 2018, Austin, TX
- (Cancelled) Solo session (remote): Session title TBD, Opendata.ch/2018, July 3rd, 2018, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Solo session: "Marketing & Design Processes: Alignment & Working Together Effectively," HOW Marketing Live, May 1st, 2018, Boston, MA
- Solo session: "Content Marketing & Content Strategy," HOW Marketing Live, May 1st, 2018, Boston, MA
- Session leader: "Practices for Better Data Teamwork," South by Southwest Interactive, March 12th, 2018, Austin, TX
- Panel: "Tech-Journalism Series: Doing cool things with data," Online News Association, February 1st, 2018, Austin, TX
- Panel: "Unlocking Open Data’s Network Effect," Smart Cities Connect, June 28th, 2017, Austin, TX
- Panel: "Localize that investigation: Using AP data to do your own stories," NICAR, March 4th, 2017
- Panel: "Creating a breakthrough blog for your brand," PR Over Coffee, February 16th, 2016, Austin, TX
- Webinar: "You Are a Source: How to Reach & Influence Journalists With Social Media," Cision, November 17th, 2015
- Panel: "Your Customers Know The Value Of Their Data," Incite East, November 12th, 2015, New York, NY
- Panel: "Start The Presses: Go From Brand to Publisher To Win Over Customers Organically," Incite East, November 12th, 2015, New York, NY
- Solo session: "Egomania," C3 2015, October 28th, 2015, New York, NY
- Solo session: "The Social Media Side Door," New York Business Expo, October 27th, 2015, New York, NY
- Solo session: "Finding the social media side door to reach, influence and revenue," &THEN (DMA annual event), October 6th, Boston, MA
- Panel: "Combining the Digital and the Physical," &THEN (DMA annual event), October 6th, Boston, MA
- Keynote: Social media and the multifamily industry, Multifamily Social Media Summit, January 30th, 2015, Napa, CA
- Webinar: "Behavioral Marketing Goes Visual With Selfies," Behavioral Marketing Summit, August 21st, 2014
- Keynote: "How to Connect With the Social Media Audiences That Matter to You Most," PRNews' Social Media Summit, June 3rd, 2014, NY, NY
- Webinar: "Visual Commerce: Selfies That Sell," Olapic & Fluid, April 29th, 2014
- Webinar: "Egomania: How Ego Makes Your Content Better," BrightTALK Summit, February 12th, 2014
- Webinar: Social Media Club Book Club, February 11th, 2014
- Keynote: “Data literacy: The next great equalizer,” Software & Information Industry Association, November 20th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Keynote: “Egomania,” American Marketing Association, November 18th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Webinar: “Take 10: Appealing to The Ego to Get Great Content,” MarketingProfs, November 1st, 2013
- Moderator: “Social Ads & Analytics: What’s My Social ROI?,” Digital East 2013. October 16th, 2013, Herndon, VA
- Webinar: Social Media PR Hacking, Vocus. October 16th, 2013.
- Moderator: “Social Media and Your Career Path,” Social Media Club Austin. August 20th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Keynote: “Using ‘Ego Capital’ to Drive Content Success,” Austin Content Marketing Meetup, May 24th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Webinar: “How to Attract More Traffic to Your Business Blog, Now,” ReputationCapital. May 8th, 2013.
- Webinar: “Content Marketing and Social Media,” Social Media WebConference 2013. April 15th, 2013.
- Guest lecture: “Social Influences in Consumer Behavior,” The University of Texas at Austin. April 4th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Webinar: “Here’s what Twitter tells you about your real customers,” Bazaarvoice, October 17th, 2012.
- Keynote: “Blogging at the Heart of Your Content Strategy,” International Association of Business Communicators. May, 8th, 2012, Austin, TX
- Panel: “@ Your Service,” Social Media Club Austin. Nov. 22, 2011, Austin, TX
- Panel: “Your Social Media Brand,” Career Connects conference. Feb. 11, 2011, Austin, TX
- Panel: “Marketing on a Bootstrap Budget,” The University of Texas at Austin – Start Up Meet Up. Sep. 24th, 2010, Austin, TX
- Solo session: American Cancer Society. Sep. 1st, 2010, Austin, TX