I'm the Director of Marketing at data.world and the author of The Social Media Side Door (McGraw-Hill). Previous roles include Digital Strategist at The Economist, Director of Marketing at Olapic and Senior Manager of Content and Social Strategy at Bazaarvoice.
I speak on a wide range of topics, including data literacy, content marketing, social media side doors, changing consumer-brand relationships, the convergence of personal identities, and the radically shifting landscapes of access and influence.
My compelling storytelling style seamlessly weaves together fresh data, expertly-crafted narrative, contrarian thinking, actionable guidance and memorable anecdotes from a wealth of experience. Clichés and buzzwords are my mortal enemies. And I promise not to mention the Oreo Super Bowl tweet.
- Panel: "Unlocking Open Data’s Network Effect," Smart Cities Connect, June 28th, 2017, Austin, TX
- Panel: "Localize that investigation: Using AP data to do your own stories," NICAR, March 4th, 2017
- Panel: "Creating a breakthrough blog for your brand," PR Over Coffee, February 16th, 2016, Austin, TX
- Webinar: "You Are a Source: How to Reach & Influence Journalists With Social Media," Cision, November 17th, 2015
- Panel: "Your Customers Know The Value Of Their Data," Incite East, November 12th, 2015, New York, NY
- Panel: "Start The Presses: Go From Brand to Publisher To Win Over Customers Organically," Incite East, November 12th, 2015, New York, NY
- Solo session: "Egomania," C3 2015, October 28th, 2015, New York, NY
- Solo session: "The Social Media Side Door," New York Business Expo, October 27th, 2015, New York, NY
- Solo session: "Finding the social media side door to reach, influence and revenue," &THEN (DMA annual event), October 6th, Boston, MA
- Panel: "Combining the Digital and the Physical," &THEN (DMA annual event), October 6th, Boston, MA
- Keynote: Social media and the multifamily industry, Multifamily Social Media Summit, January 30th, 2015, Napa, CA
- Webinar: "Behavioral Marketing Goes Visual With Selfies," Behavioral Marketing Summit, August 21st, 2014
- Keynote: "How to Connect With the Social Media Audiences That Matter to You Most," PRNews' Social Media Summit, June 3rd, 2014, NY, NY
- Webinar: "Visual Commerce: Selfies That Sell," Olapic & Fluid, April 29th, 2014
- Webinar: "Egomania: How Ego Makes Your Content Better," BrightTALK Summit, February 12th, 2014
- Webinar: Social Media Club Book Club, February 11th, 2014
- Keynote: “Data literacy: The next great equalizer,” Software & Information Industry Association, November 20th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Keynote: “Egomania,” American Marketing Association, November 18th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Webinar: “Take 10: Appealing to The Ego to Get Great Content,” MarketingProfs, November 1st, 2013
- Moderator: “Social Ads & Analytics: What’s My Social ROI?,” Digital East 2013. October 16th, 2013, Herndon, VA
- Webinar: Social Media PR Hacking, Vocus. October 16th, 2013.
- Moderator: “Social Media and Your Career Path,” Social Media Club Austin. August 20th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Keynote: “Using ‘Ego Capital’ to Drive Content Success,” Austin Content Marketing Meetup, May 24th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Webinar: “How to Attract More Traffic to Your Business Blog, Now,” ReputationCapital. May 8th, 2013.
- Webinar: “Content Marketing and Social Media,” Social Media WebConference 2013. April 15th, 2013.
- Guest lecture: “Social Influences in Consumer Behavior,” The University of Texas at Austin. April 4th, 2013, Austin, TX
- Webinar: “Here’s what Twitter tells you about your real customers,” Bazaarvoice, October 17th, 2012.
- Keynote: “Blogging at the Heart of Your Content Strategy,” International Association of Business Communicators. May, 8th, 2012, Austin, TX
- Panel: “@ Your Service,” Social Media Club Austin. Nov. 22, 2011, Austin, TX
- Panel: “Your Social Media Brand,” Career Connects conference. Feb. 11, 2011, Austin, TX
- Panel: “Marketing on a Bootstrap Budget,” The University of Texas at Austin – Start Up Meet Up. Sep. 24th, 2010, Austin, TX
- Solo session: American Cancer Society. Sep. 1st, 2010, Austin, TX